Carus PBS have at the 35th InterFerry Conference in New York released the latest version of their leading booking, ticketing and departure control solution bringing a host of new features & functions to the industry.
CarRes is already well established as a best of breed solution for ferry operators and version 3.0, which will be rolled out to all existing clients as part of their Maintenance Agreement, includes over 15 new features, 20 major enhancements to existing functions and 25 new reports. The changes affect virtually every aspect of the application with improved booking processes, additional freight pricing logic, new vehicle controls and improvements to the cabin management suite.
Highlights from the release include:
- Enhancements to the revenue management capabilities with the merger of dynamic pricing and yield controls
- Easier and more accurate input of vehicle details through the integration of third party make & model data for passengers and the introduction of new routines to record regular freight units
- Alerts to booking staff & management when blacklisted passengers make a booking.
- Waitlist management for passengers, vehicles and cabins to improve customer service and increase load factors.
- Bi-directional interface to RTS Profit Optimizer for analysis, forecasting and optimization
- Improvements to the multi-trip ticket book functionality to make it easier to manage purchase & usage
- Ability to charge variable percentage or fixed value supplements dependent on what has been booked.
- Additional freight pricing model to handle area and commodity based rates
- Improved port lane allocation based on the product purchased as well as the vehicle type
- Integration of EFTPOS devices for ‘Chip & Pin’ payments.
Carus PBS CEO Anders Rundberg adds, “We are really proud of what we have achieved this year in terms of successful implementation projects at St Peter Line and Spirit of Tasmania and the way that CarRes has continued to evolve. Looking forward, things are also very positive with the imminent installation at Azam Marine in Tanzania and we are very close to launching our new Digital Manifest which includes the latest version of our PoS Ticketing Module”.
Carus PBS are Gold Sponsors of the 35th InterFerry Conference being held at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge from the 3rd to the 6th of October.
About Carus PBS
Carus Professional Business Solutions are focused on the passenger shipping industry providing advanced reservations and departure control solutions that are constantly evolving to meet the ever changing operational demands of our clients.
The Carus PBS system, CarRes, is a tried and tested solution that provides the 24/7 reliability required by mission critical applications, especially when delivered as a Managed Service out of our computer centres in Europe and USA.
CarRes is a Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) application designed for call-centre and web sales as well as port operations. In addition to the core functions for booking and check-in Carus PBS provides both the hardware and software for automated check-in and boarding, routines for Customer Relationship Management and Business Intelligence (BI) as well as multiple standard interfaces utilizing web services, SOAP / XML and Unicorn.
For over a decade Carus PBS has been serving a growing client base which includes operators in the Baltic, Europe, the United States, Australia and Africa. Carus PBS clients cover every aspect of the ferry industry and operate virtually every type of vessel proving the versatility and flexibility of CarRes.
For more information please contact:
Carus PBS Ab Ltd
Anders Rundberg, CEO